Happy New Year, Ladies! I hope 2009 brings a lot of happiness for you all!
So I've already revealed to you my obsession with Gossip Girl and now I'm a little embarrassed to say that I'm starting to get into The City, a spinoff of The Hills. The one good that has come out of this 1/2 hour waste of time is that I found an amazing way to make brown eyes pop, courtesy of The City star/New York socialite Olivia Palermo. Her makeup, especially eye makeup, is absolutely flawless on the show so I went hunting for some photos to replicate her look.
To make brown eyes pop:
1. Apply a mid-tone taupe (brown-gray color) like MAC Eye Shadow in Omega or MAC Eye Shadow in Patina to the eyelid. Build the intensity of the taupe shadow until your lids appear slightly darker than your normal skin tone.
2. Apply a medium brown shadow like MAC Eye Shadow in Cork lightly in the crease to contour.
3. Apply a shimmery gold shadow like MAC Eye Shadow in Ricepaper under the eyes from inner corner to outer corner.
4. Apply black liquid liner like Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink to the top lashline, winging the liner out just slightly at the outer edges of eyes.
5. Apply a dark brown pencil like MAC Technakohl Liner in Brownborder to the lower waterline of the eyes. To increase the drama, use black pencil.
6. Apply a lengthening and volumizing black mascara to both the top and bottom lashes, making sure to get the tiny inner and outer lashes. A trick to applying mascara to the lower lashes is to place a small piece of kleenex or toilet paper underneath the bottom lashes and apply mascara to the lashes over that.