Vogue India April Beauty Picks:
1. Lakme Tropical Island Nail Polish 024 - a pretty light gold shade but Lakme is probably only available in India.
2. Versace Eye Shadow Duo V2026-02 - Two blue hues, a sky blue and ocean blue, that would look gorgeous on tanned skin.
3. Azzaro Blue Charm Eau de Toilette
4. Dior Bronze Self-tanner Natural Glow - I have never used tanner in my life but for women of color it may be a good option if your skin is uneven in color.
5. Bobbi Brown Surf and Sand Eye Palette - I have been wanting to try this palette for a while. It seems like a great choice for summer with both neutrals and cool blues.
6. Estee Lauder Amber Bronze Cool Bronze Loose Powder
7. YSL Palette Mustique - a palette with an array of absolutely gorgeous colors. It is sure to look great on a variety of skin tones.
8. Aromatica Shower Gel
9. L'Oreal Paris Glam Shine Holographic Lipgloss Caramel
10. Elizabeth Arden Mediterranean Body Shimmer with Puff
11. John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Shine Shock High Shine Perfecting Glosser
12. Shiseido Sun Protection Cream - Shiseido has, hands down, some of the best sun protection lotions for face and body. A must if you are looking for one that doesn't make you break out.
13. Guerlain Terracotta Bronzing Veil
Vogue India also did a cute article on female Bollywood stars' favorite Hollywood actresses. Some of the ladies' favorites seem spot on while others are a little strange!
Bipasha Basu: "I think singer Rihanna is very cool. She's fit, fun, spunky, and trendy - very today. I love her hair in particular, and the way she changes it so often." Not a surprising choice from Bipasha as she is probably one of the only Bollywood actresses that takes some risks once in a while with her appearance...could this be the reason for her "Posh" bob a few months ago?
Urmila Matondkar: "Undoubtedly Nicole Kidman for her eternal charm, grace and style, but above all, her dignity, without which the rest would mean nothing." This is an odd one, in my opinion, as Urmila dresses more like Jennifer Lopez than Nicole Kidman.
Sameera Reddy: "Jennifer Lopez is the first name that comes to mind. I really respect her. She reinvents herself constantly and her style always looks effortless. She never has a 'bad' clothes day."
Vidya Balan: "I love Jennifer Aniston's understated style. Whether she's wearing an evening gown, work clothes or jeans and a tank top, they all look like a second skin on her. She looks comfortable in whatever she is wearing and that's what makes her stylish." Is it just me, or does Vidya slightly resemble Jennifer in facial features?
Gul Panag: "Salma Hayek because her style is that of a woman who's happy to be one, while most are trying to hold on to girlhood. Her style is feminine and sexy. She has a great body and is very comfortable in it." This an odd one as well since Salma does dress super sexy while Gul dresses more sweet...but maybe our style icons don't necessarily match up to the way we dress in reality?
Kangana Raut: "I admire Kate Moss's style because she is so effortlessly cool." Not a surprising choice, since Kangana is also a risk taker, like Kate.
Ayesha Takia: "I admire Nicole Kidman and Jennifer Lopez for their style, espcially Lopez's ponchos, hoop earrings and sungleses. It is a very cool look. Of the younger starts, Lindsay Lohan's look is closest to my style."
Lara Dutta: "I admire Cate Blanchett because her style is very distinctive old-school Hollywood glamour. She has both class and poise." Lara is a gorgeous woman, but desperately needs help in the style department. I hope Cate provides plenty of inspiration for her!!
Tanisha: "It would have to be Audrey Hepburn and Catherine Zeta-Jones because they are classically elegant and timeless."