One of my favorite GA products is the Sheer Lipstick in 21 Bordeaux. In fact, I almost done with this lipstick since purchasing it about a year ago and I can't believe I haven't blogged about it yet. Well, apologies for keeping this beauty gem a secret!!
One of the reasons I love this product is its amazing ability to be worn in a multitude of situations - day or night, at casual or more formal events. In addition, the texture of the Sheer Lipsticks is one of THE best I have tried hands down - hate matte lipsticks? Then try the GA Sheer Lipstick because the more your wear it, the more glossy and shiny the application. Just check out the photo above, which could easily pass as a gloss swatch! In fact, the GA Sheer Lipstick line reminds me a little of Clinique's Almost Lipstick line which is a cross between a lipstick and gloss.
As for the color that I love - 21 Bordeaux - well, I don't really find it that Bordeaux at all due to the sheer application. Its more of a sheer berry on me and as I build it up on my lips, the color gets a bit redder. The color is SO flattering on my skin tone that I wear it to work, the grocery store, out to dinner, out for drinks, to brunch...well, you get the idea! Here's some more of the pros (and very little cons):
- Awesome, glossy texture - perfect for spring and summer when you want a lighter, more sheer lipstick
- Packaging is matte black and sleek
- Contains a bit of shimmer, nothing overboard
- No need for precise application
- Super moisturizing
- 21 Bordeaux is a very flattering color for desi skin tones
- Its so sheer you can also layer it on cheeks for a multi-tasking product - I do!
- The color is a teeny bit hard to build because the texture is so glossy but that's not necessarily a completely bad thing!
- Pricier at $25