I picked up the Cover Girl Perfect Blend Eye Liner in Black Brown, a dark chocolately brown. On one side of the pencil is the actual color and on the other side is a sponge tip for blending. The pencil goes on very smoothly with little dragging. The color is perfect and no matter how much I layer on, my eyes don't look harsh or tired. The sponge tip is awesome if you apply liner less than precisely as you can just use the tip to soften the line and straighten it out.
The one downside is durability - perhaps because of the smooth texture, the color tends to fade away after a couple of hours so I tend to reapply if I wear the CG Liner to work and need to go to an after work event.
- Soft texture makes for smooth application
- Sponge tip including for blending
- Cheapo eye pencil at around $5, great for the girl that runs out of eye pencils practically every month (me!)!
- Gets slightly smudgy after a while (similar to MAC Eye Kohls, in fact)
- Only lasts a couple of hours