Rose Sugar is a super, super shiny gloss in a sheer silvery pink tone. The shimmer is fine so you don't have to worry that your lips resemble a disco ball. As for the color, the website describes Rose Sugar as a rosy pink but to me, it comes out mostly clear with a hint of color. It probably looks a little more rosy on fairer skin tones.
I have mixed views on the lip gloss. On the one hand, I heart how super shiny the gloss is. I can practically see my reflection when I put it on!! I do, however, wish the color was a teeny more pigmented, more pink and then I'd be sold. And the one thing that annoys me about the gloss is how sticky it is - living in the Windy City, I can't walk more than a block with half my hair sticking to my lips!!
Here's a lip swatch - what do ya think?
- Super shiny
- Nice, neutral shade for summer
- Tackiness helps the gloss stay on longer than most glosses
- Sophisticated shimmer
- Tiny tube compared to a lot of other department store lip glosses
- Not much pigmentation compared to lip glosses by MAC or Dior
- Really tacky gloss - my hair kept sticking to my lips!!
- Not a steal at $20