The Just a Pinch Gel Blush is part of the Rose Romance Collection. It is a gel blush housed in a tiny pot that you can either dip your finger into or dip a brush into. The color can be described as a bright, juicy cherry red color!! But if you're afraid of brights, don't let that stop you from buying this great product. Although it is pigmented, I haven't once applied it and ended up looking like a clown. Instead, it adds a nice bright flush to the cheeks and really wakes up my skin.
The MAC makeup artist used a stippling blush to apply the blush to my cheeks but I prefer using my fingers. Using fingers is easier to control the amount of product and to blend the product than a brush. I just stick my middle finger in (remember to wash your hands!), rub a little product on, and tap tap tap the gel blush onto my cheeks and blend.
So how does MAC Just a Pinch Gel Blush compare to the Bobbi Brown Tint, you ask? They are both tints but a little different. Go for the MAC cheek stain if you want your blush to be a brighter and more noticeable or if you really need to wake up your face in the mornings, like I do! The BB Tint is more suitable for a natural, working out type flush and the color Blackberry as I mentioned is a little more sophisticated and suitable for night than the bright cherry of Just a Pinch.
- Gel texture is extremely smooth and blendable
- Very pigmented so a little goes a long way
- Love, love, love the bright cherry color
- Even looks nice on the lips as a lip stain
- Instantly brightens up the face
- Ain't cheap at $19.50
- Like most cheek stains, it only lasts a few hours before you need to reapply although I think it lasts a little longer than the BB Tint due to greater pigmentation
- A little messier since it comes in a pot as opposed to a stick or pen.